Advocacy Page on Linux India Mailing List

AHEM (YES) to this idea (of having an advocacy page on which hardware
WILL NOT be supported by Linux).  I too get friends in the corporate
world who have *rubbish* hardware assembled for them which are
completely useless (which includes and is not limited to graphics cards,
awful sound cards, horrible CD rom drives, and funny looking mice which
seems to have complete freedom onscreen!!

I believe some of our Indian guys drew up a questionnaire which ought to
be filled up about hardware (settings, etc) before configuring linux.
This questionnaire (I forget the exact term; is available on one of the
free sites on the internet, and bundled with the Red Hat official
releases) is not taken seriously. Perhaps the linux-india website ought
to have a link to this questionnaire. Secondly, there are times on this
mailing list when the postings and cross postings simply deal with
graphics cards (or their non-performance)! Shucks, just because the
market is filled with spurious stuff Linux ought not to be blamed for
non-performance.

Regards,

Rajkumar Andrews