Ideal partioning

Hi!!

What will be the ideal way to partion for only Linux on 2.1 GB and on two
2.1GB?

On single 2.1GB:

I used to make 3 Partions earlier /root - 900MB swap - 100MB and Home
- - rest.

Later, I started making 4 partions root - 300MB, Swap - 100MB, usr - 900MB
and the remaing for /home.

Now I want to increase the Home partion as I backup a lot of software on
/home/ftp/pub directory and want to use two 2.1GB hardisks.

Is the following possible?
On hardisk 1:
hda1 - 300MB - root
hda2 - 100MB - swap
hda3 - 900MB - usr
hda4 - rest  - home
On hardisk 2:
hdb1 - full  - home

Or will I have to use the hda4 for something else or call that partion as
home1 and create some user directories their?

- - Maneesh