Printed vs. E-books (was Re: Recommend Book and is simply TOO offtopic)

    >    Me thinks the joy of reading a real book (paper) is
    >    different compared to reading on line. Sometimes, it is worth
    >    paying to have a book on a shelf , readily available whenever
    >    needed. Of course, you can also carry it with you anywhere etc.

    printed books belong to the good old, calm and peaceful agrarian society,
where ulcer and heart attacks are unheard of. and the e-books, to the modern,
zippy, impersonal and unnatural digital society. i cant use a search engine
on a printed book but when my brain boils after 12hrs of programming, i
certainly will not prefer any thing e. not even enlightenment. i get a cup of
fanta/coke, some pista or kitkat, one of my 32 Asterix commix, lye flat on
the floor or bed and njoy the happiest moments of the day... i simply cant
imagine that scene with an e-book.

    on the flip side, you seg fault when your friend doesn't have the idea of
returning your books (IME) :). It would be the copy-lost feeling again and
again. (Ref: "Umbrella Morals" essay by ?)

[ sorry for things getting too personal, i'll hup ]