Re: Total Joy of Ownership

Arun Sharma proclaimed:
> This discussion is going a little bit off topic - but I think everyone
> needs to think critically about licenses and their consequences instead
> of using one because it's cooler than Kelvinator or Godrej (Till recently
> I fell in this category).

I think the problem is there is no common Open License that is as popular
as the free GPL.  Each of the companies moving towards Open Source are
coming up with their own Open License (NPL, Troll Tech PL, Apple PL etc.)
adding to the confusion.  If someone sat down and created a cross between
NPL and GPL, I think it will gain momentum.

Let us face it, GPL is not overly business friendly because of things like
infection.  GPL is a great license for part-time contributors, university
projects and such.

Thaths
- --
"Foul temptress!  I'll bet she thinks Ziggy's gotten too preachy too!"
                     -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave