Re: Mouse problem in XWindows -Reply

Another problem i regularly face is when switching from console mode
to X mode using Ctrl-Alt-F7.
If i move my mouse quickly after switching, the X server crashes with
the mesg -  device or resource busy...

Probably the mouse server (i think there is one) is not able to switch
quickly enuff.

ciao,
amit

On Thu, 27 May 1999, you wrote:
>The mouse pointer in Xwindows moves to the right side top corner of
the
>screen and refuses to move.  i have a Microsoft ps/2 mouse and have
>configured it in the setup.  this does not happen in the shell.
>
>Adityan

Hye,

I faced the same problem when I used a genius ps2  mouse . i don't the
reason
for this problem.
The mouse uses gpm mouse services on the console , which seem to be
working
properly.
However gpm services have a tendency to create problems with the
xserver
running so first of all shut down gpm services . (u can disbale them from
auto starting by editing the startup system services using red hat setup
utility)
This should considerably reduce the problem , however to get the right
feel of
the mouse u will have to tweak a little more .
Edit the xf86config file
U will find a whole section on the mouse device here u can change
settings like
the acceleration and other parameters of the mouse . Play with these
settings
to get the perfect feel
Hope this works

Karan
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
91-011-6864507
91-011-6862034

'unsubscribe linux-india' (without the quotes) in the body of the email.