Re: Network Neighborhood for Linux

On 26 May 1999, SWAPS wrote:
> Better still you can use GTK based LinNeighborhood from
> http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/

Thanks, Screen shot of LinNeighborhood seems good. Does anybody have a
statically linked binary. I will be great full. I do not have GT+
installed. And on the site binaries are only for debain,suse and redhat. I
have slacware at my work place, and GTK+.

And regarding to tkchooser, this doen't require GTK+. Was able to run it
but not able to see any thing on NN. Installation notes says samba needs
running, does this mean smnd and nmbd needs to be running, OR just
smbclient and nmbd are required on ur system, latter seems to be logical
but it didn't work in this way, I do not have smbd and nmbd running. Amit
have you used this, can you send me ur config,cfg file ??

- -Chetan S