Re: [linux-delhi] 75baud, baudot, 1.5 stop bits

    Prasad> Actually, I have used 1 or 2 stopbits, when 1.5 was
    Prasad> required.  One or the other works , don't remember which.
    Prasad> Worth giving it a try anyways (no kernel hacking involved
    Prasad> , and no suggestions boomeranging on me! :-) ).

I was reading some UART specs yesterday, and apparently you have to
shove a 0 or a 1 into a specific bit in a specific register in the
UART to tell it to use 1 or 2 stop bits respectively.  The nice part
/appears to be/ that if the character size has been set to 5 bits the
UART automatically uses 1.5 stop bits if programmed for 2 stop bits.

Can some hardware guru kindly validate this, especially in the context
of Linux?

Regards,

- -- Raju