RE: Recommend Book

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

+ > Ok, so finally I'm on the verge of installing Red Hat once I get
+ > the CD that
+ > is. Till then can anyone recommend a good book for a newbie in
+ > Linux, so as
+ > to get the feel of it. I've worked on Unix a bit, but still am a
+ > bit shaky so please guys?
+
+ Jeff - get yourself the Official RedHat Linux 6.0 package. It comes with
+ excellent *printed* manuals and usage guides, plus applications such as
+ StarOffice and IBM's ViaVoice.

Official? It comes at a cost, no? Anyway, i suggest on line books ( at
places like http://www.mcp.com -- there must b any more free on-line
book homes) like red-hat linux unleashed etc. Xcellent info - these books.

Sharad.