Re: CDAC's [clustering with linux]

>From: Arun Sharma <adsharma@xxxxxxxx>
>
>Building on Linux and the product not being open-source ? Not possible,
>as long as Linux is under GPL. You need to spend some time on the net
>witnessing GPL Vs BSD wars.
>
>Linux products can be commercial, but _must_ be open source.
>
>	-Arun

haha! yes i know they _must_ be opensource...but what if someone builds (add
their own code for) some great new product/technology _for_ linux and then
"closes" it? i think we can use GPLed software to build closed stuff, right?
(as long as we dont use any pre-GPLed code) ...(and not that i want to do
such a thing!)

anyways...there was an email about IIT Kanpur "actively" developing a
cluster (which was really the real subject...) and like swaps said, "great
news"!, hope something interesting comes out of this...

regards,
vishal