Re: MASM for linux?

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 02:44:32PM +0530, Sundeep Holani wrote:
> Hello folks,
>         I am doing assembly for the x86 processors  and I need a macro
> assembler which I can use in Linux... is something like MASM available for
> Linux? Preferably a MASM clone? Where can I get it from?

gcc + inline assembly works great for me. You can also use GNU as to write
assembly. But the syntax is significantly different from MASM. Note that
this is the preferred way of writing assembly code on Linux.

However, if you want to stick to MASM style syntax, there is something
called NASM which is similar. A web search should take you to the right
place.

	-Arun