Re: Connecting two computers.

> Hi
>
> If U connect it using a modem and phone line, U can't use ftp. Because ftp
> requires tcp connectivity.
>
> I think you can use tftp which uses UDP. ( I may be wrong :-)). But can
> any guru throw some light on this
>
> Sunil Sarat

	Oye yaar, kya kar raha hai......

	on modem either you run ppp/slip, or if you used minicom likes
things simple zmodem etc. ppp/slip give you full IP connectivity ( so
you can do *everything* you can do on Internet ). for this, you need
pppd on both sides running.
	if you used minicom like things, you need mgetty running at server
end, and u can use rz / sz etc to transfer files.

	ftp/tftp/http/xxxtp are over tcp/udp, which is over ip/ which may be
over ppp/slip ( over null serial cable/parallel cable/phone
line/isdn), or over network ( ethernet / atm  ) etc.

	phew, did i got it right ......
- -- Vardhan@xxxxxxxxxxxx