Re: CDAC's [clustering with linux]

>From: SWAPS <swaps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>My suggestions:
>   You are trying to reach out to the wrong people. I am sure CDAC >can
>help in the Beowulf cluster project by giving their expertise but >I see
>them more like a research/commercial organization trying to >tread new
>frontiers in computing.

Hi,
I hope my earlier email was not misunderstood! I meant that CDAC (and OTHER
entities LIKE IT!) should take a look at clustering and use it to their
advantage (i dont care how they do it, commercial or gpl or whatever) in
developing whatever commercial products they want.  I didnt mean to say that
they should take up development of this and keep it open-source for us, the
public, to use... I was just hoping that companies see the advantage
clustering with linux can give...
(i did mention various organisations saving tons of money on building
clusters rather than purchasing actual supercomputers and all...)

all i want to see is India having good expertise and actual hardcore
capabilities in the areas of high-performance computing! (you know with the
restrictions that we face in trying to import supercomputers made in foreign
countries...) And of course Linux should be taken advantage of to work
toward this goal... no?  comments please?

regards,
vishal