Re: [Connecting two computers.]

I guess you have telephone+modem at both ends. The default installation o=
Win95 will not allow you to access it from Linux but you can access Linux=
 from
Win95. =

1) For accessing Linux from Win95 using FTP:
a) Enable Linux to get connections through the modem. Look at 'man mgetty=
' for
info about installation and configuration.
b) Setup ppp option in mgetty to allow you to dial into it using ppp prot=
ocol.
c) Setup the permissions of FTPD to allow you to login as a normal
user/password (do not use anonymous user). Also setup the directory
permissions of files you would be accessing. Look at 'man ftp' for more i=
nfo.
d) Now from Win95 dial into your Linux box just as you do to connect to V=
SNL.
e) Now you can use any standard ftp client to access your linux box. Even=

netscape allows you to browse the files on your linux server using the ad=
dress
ftp://user:passwd@linuxbox/

2) For accessing Win95 from Linux using FTP you have to get something sim=
ilar
to RAS server and FTP server. Then you can do the same thing as above.

HTH
- -swaps