Connecting two computers.

I have two standalone machines, one at home one at work. Both are dual boot
rhl 5.2 & win95. Both have a modem.

I need to connect these two so that I can access the files of each on the
other, preferably using linux. My clinic is a couple of km from my
residence, so I think I'll have to use the telephone lines. Can I use ftp?
do I use the anonftp package ? if yes, how ? there's no man page for
anonftp though glint shows that it is present on the machine.

pointers, urls, detailed instructions welcome.

thanx,

shahrukh.