Re: What is the currency for international funding ?

Hello SWAPS,

AFAIK

NO! you cannot receive a foreign currency and deposit it directly in a
current account in India if you are doing work for an agency abroad. The
banks object to it

You require a EXIM (export import) code from DGFT (director general
foreign trade).
You need to pay Rs1000/- as fee for this.

Luckily it is not a very complex procedure, and I strongly recommend
getting one because the tax benefits to software exporters are many.

I came to know about this when we got our first overseas outsourcing
order for web design and couldn't encash the check sent.

<ot>
However if you run  an online gift shop the same is not required as
there is no transfer of good outside India, however you may still have
to convince your banker about it.
</ot>

HTH

Swati