Simputer etc

Think of yourself as an Indian farmer. You have Rs 10000 to spend.
Would you buy a:

(a) color tv
(b) A desktop PC
(c) Simputer

My guess is that most people will go for (a).

Many people have tried to combine (a) and (b), recognizing this very
fact, starting from the ZX spectrum (my first computer from 1988).

However, the quality of the display of a color tv is no good for a PC.
These days, however they're catching up. My bro just bought a TV,
that can do 1080i, but it set him back by $2500.

The cost of a PC is increasingly shifting towards the display ($300
each for both).

Does that make the most effective hardware research in India, cheap
manufacturning of CRTs, which can serve as both a TV and a PC monitor ?

	-Arun