Re: A replacement for Fetchmail?

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Mayuresh A Kathe wrote:

> Yup, Kingsley is right, Perl defies solution to my problem, but if
> fetchmail is so small, is it possible to have some shell scripts to
> fetch-the-mail?

	I think you can get away with removing the reduntant parts of
fetchmail. You might not want support for everything from pop3 to imap
and what not.
	I think it can be implemented easily in C. A code for sending mail
from a smtp server is about 20-40 lines, so fetching mail from a pop3
server should not be too big. Anyway, fetchmail's code is always there to
guide you :-)
	But as someone suggested, try out others like popmail etc. IIRC
fetchmail was written as an extension of popmail.

	Bye and Enjoy Life...

--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx