ATM switch testing

 Hi,
	I have an ATM siwtch (in house developed).
	Application will run in the switch , configures it and get the
statistics from it.
	I want to get these statistics from the switch.
	It has OC-3 and OC-12 ports.I don't have any traffic generator to
generate the cells.

*	Can  I have an ATM card plugged in linux (acting as cell generator)
			and generate cells and send it to switch .

*	 I tried to   generate idle cell in APC chip and put the APC in loop
back mode.It did't help me.

	Please suggest me how to go ahead for this.

Thanks in advance
keshava