Re: reading material for linuxers

this is what i wrote to Robin:

"of course they're copyrighted, but big linux companies can afford to do
that. not all geeks love books, but there are many who do. the books
could be included in the distros' CDROMs. those who like can install the
html/pdf/txt/dvi version of the books. it would definitely mean a lot to
them..."

and we could have some great linux text books too, like those linux
programming and linux security. Cathedral and the Bazaar and The Jargon
Files cannot be excluded if such a thing ever happens. i'm now reading
"Underground" (subtitle: "Tales of hacking, madness and obsession on the
electronic frontier") by Suelette Dreyfuss, which is a literary freeware
which you can download from http://www.underground-book.com. the writing
style is not as refined as Sterling's, but it's a good read. it might be
a good starter for those who want to know about the hacking culture.
even for those who know what it's about, the tales are interesting, like
the WANK worm that invaded NASA's subnetworks...

- Diwakar