Re: Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown[OT - problem report]

Pavan K Balellugari rearranged electrons thusly:

 The problem is at web26.linux-hosting.com - and this guy is subscribed as
 zoyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > ... while talking to mx0.gmx.net.:
> > <<< 550 {mx15} The recipient does not accept mails
> > from 'yahoo.com' over foreign mailservers
> > 550 zoyd@xxxxxxxxxx User unknown

 He has got his zoyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx forwarding to zoyd@xxxxxxx

 GMX, by default, has some anti-spam protection available whereby mail for
 yahoo.com is only accepted from yahoo's mailservers.  Not from, say,
 web26.linux-hosting.com - which breaks any .forward or similar setups.

 Zoyd has to disable it by going to http://www.gmx.net and pokes around the
 options page.  Or he can point his zoyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx address elsewhere and use
 the gmx address as it is.

 I found this out as I've got a gmx account with a couple of accounts
 forwarding to it.  After the first couple of bounces, it got rather obvious.

 	-suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org