Re: Would you like to join us in co - promoting your Linux solutions

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 07:15:36AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Arun Sharma rearranged electrons thusly:
>
> > This guy spammed bsd-india also, but because it was subscriber only,
> > it bounced. But then again, it's a trade off between ease of use and
> > security - present me your Verisign certificate or I won't accept
> > mail from you :)
>
>  Verisign???? Aren't there any gpl'd certificates?  [sure, get openssl and roll
>  your own certificate ... but still ...]

Sure, you can roll your own certificate, but then you run into the key
exchange problem.

BTW, "gpl'ed certificate" doesn't make sense to me (neither does BSD
licensed certificate). A part of the certificate is always private.
Let's keep the licensing issues to where it's appropriate.

	-Arun