Re: [SOT] VSNL Mail woes...

On 08/04/01 11:22 +0530, Kingsly John spewed into the LI bitstream:

> One thing that I have noticed is that I get a invalid password message on
> VSNL's pop server but after an hour or so it gets resolved... never really
> tried to figure out what is the status of their SMTP at that time.

 Likely because of a stale lockfile (vsnl uses mbox mailboxes - which get
 locked if your pop3 download gets terminated / times out midway - these locks
 die out after a while)

 Their SMTP implementation is (mostly) postfix - that's quite stable.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org