RE: configuring yahoo messenger

> no its not a m$ proxy ,  most
> of our servers are linux servers and
> we have a squid proxy...
> i have got the 0.16 version of gtkyahoo...
> i dont know the proxy user id or passwd...so
> tell me how to modify the rc file to connect to
> proxy 192.x.x.x and port 8080....

there's a demo file in the directory in which gtkyahoo untarred. look into
the
file and modify the ~/.gtkyahoo/gtkyahoorc file..
there are options for you to set http proxy server and port.. and user
password (if u have one).. also you have to specify the yahoo loging and
passwd in this file itself.. i guess the newer version (not yet come) is
solving this problem.. but beware.. it might not work even then... :-) ...
some problem with using yahoo thru HTTP proxy.. ppl are working on it and
probably the patch shuld be out anytime..

Mayank Sharma