[no subject]

Greetings Linux India Users,

	My name is Ron Shatzmiller, and I am an intern at the International
Plant Genetic Resources Institute's (IPGRI) headquarters in Rome, Italy.  I
am studying the use of Open Source Software (OSS) for agricultural research
and development.  Specifically, I am interested in OSS's potential to
overcome the financial barrier that proprietary software presents to
technological development.  I am writing your mailing list because I have
the impression that there is extensive use of Linux and other OSS in India.

	I am currently putting together a OSS use decision-making guide for
Information Technology managers in agricultural research and development.
If this document is of interest to you, I would like to know what
information you would like to see included in it.  Also, if you are using
OSS, I am interested to know how you first came across it, and what first
motivated you to use it.

	In the progress of my research, I have come across many resources
and contacts that may be useful to you.  In addition, we have excellent
computing and research facilities at our disposal at IPGRI.  If you are
looking for information about or assistance with OSS, I would be pleased to
offer my services to you in any way I can.

I thank you very much for your attention.  If you would like to correspond
with me, please use the contact information below.

Ron Shatzmiller.