Re: Response to Winux/Lion/etc.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 02:29:01PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> http://www.linux-india.org/rmac.shtml
>
> But this is exactly where Linux/Unix differ from Windows.
>
> By default, one logs into a Linux/Unix system as a normal user
> (with very few privileges), and only becomes superuser when the
> need arises for system management. In fact, normal users do not
> usually log in as a superuser for an entirely different reason -
> they don't even have the superuser password.

And how is it different from Win2k ?

There was a gentleman by name John Wiltshire who used to frequent
comp.os.linux.advocacy and its MS Windows equivalent. Back in the
days when I was a flaming Linux head, I ran into arguments with
him on similar topics. I think some of the threads he was in could
make a good reading for these kinds of topics.

	-Arun