Re: [OT] TeX for Mac...

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 at 18:45, Mayuresh A Kathe wrote:

: I know many would be really pissed off with this, but I wanted to
: know if there is a free TeX implementation for Mac?

I dont think there is one. There is a shareware called cMacTeX, which
can be downloaded freely from:

 http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html

but you need to pay US$ 35 per user later. cMacTeX is web2C
inplementation in Mac and follows the TDS and other conventions of
TeX. Also included are ghostview, ghostscript and pdfTeX for Mac.

There is another shareware (US$ 30 per user and US$ 300 per site),
OzTeX available at:

 http://www.trevorrow.com/oztex/

Owing to the nonfree nature, we have removed these from TeXLive CD
release version 5 onwards, which is the official distribution of TeX
Users Group. Current version is 6.

The other commercial implementation, Textures costs much more (US$ >
500 per user).

Radhakrishnan
I have signed it at http://FreeDevelopers.Net/freedomdec, did you?