Re: [LIH] IS LINUX CHARGEABLE?

RAVI SINGH rearranged electrons thusly:

> Here is a query that has raiseed by one of my colleague.
> I am working in a reputed company as Systems Administrator. I have
> implemented Linux 6.1 from PC QUEST CD for around 20 machine. NOw the problem
> is when one
> of our tech support visit came they said that I can not implement linux in my
> network from any CD other than specified by the company.  and action of
> attention. Please clarify whether should i stick to linux free version that
> came with PC QUEST ?

By all means.  Tell your tech support people they are idiots.  If NASSCOM
says "use only "specified by the company" redhat CDs instead of CDs you take
from a magazine like PC Quest / Chip etc, tell them they are idiots as well
(well, it _is_ a fact anyway ...).

Then ask your tech support people if they have ever, in their miserable,
windows burdened lives, ever heard of the GNU GPL (http://www.gnu.org for
lots on this)

I'd suggest you use the PCQuest Red Hat 6.2 version though - it's a *bit* more
secure (requires far less upgrades than the 6.1 version).  Both 6.1 and 6.2
are rather old though - so several upgrades are required if you plan to bring
that box up on a public IP.

	-suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org