Re: [ News - Non Commercial ] Info Required

On Saturday 24 March 2001 14:25, Moyukh Goswami wrote:
> well i think (almost sure) KV stands for kendriya vidalaya,
>
> i think all KV has BBC Micros with 32 KB of RAM, w/o any HDD,
> and  i worked(during my school time) on this system for two years...

	Times a changin ! When I joined my 10+1 from KV Aliganj, Lucknow in 1995, we
were the first batch to have opted for Computer Science in our CBSE +2. We
had all of 3 486 DX2 PCs (very new at the time). Plus, yes, you wouldnt
believe, we had a UNIX (Digital) server with 3 more nodes attached. It was
because of the foresightedness of the Principal, who channelised the
students' fund for the purpose. All KVs are free to do the same, but seldom
do. When I visited the school in 98, they had established a modern lab, with
personal desktops for many teachers. I learn now that the lab has been
further modernised.
	Thus, there aint no reason to look down at the KVs and their facilities. I
agree with some members that local LUGs can play an important role. But all
this in turn depends heavily on the kind of support the local IT industry
provides to the LUG itself.

Regards,
Saurabh Garg
--