Re: [OT][LIP] Re: Seeking a Linux or Unix programming guru for CTO position

Naba Kumar wrote:

> I wasn't trying to please anybody. I just wanted
> to state that people have feelings. And when we
> work for community such as open source, we are suppose
> to have that in mind. Flames, such as _stupid_, _warning_,
> etc etc, often don't bring much good.
First of all, David did violate the LI mailing list rules. I have no
problem with that, it may have well been unintentional. Hell even I
broke the rules when I first joined (electronic V-Card) the List-Admin
corrected me then.

> I think we should better think in more positive ways.
> And that has always been good to the community.
>
> When people work in team, the best strategy is to
> discuss the topic and not to blame or do something
> that may hurt the people concerned when something
> goes wrong. Spirit of team breaks if we do.
Get real man. Positive thinking, team spirit ? in the present context
these terms mean absolutely nothing. What next ? lead better lives,
avoid beer and cigarettes ?

I wasn't blaming you for any thing. If you could not understand my
earlier mail, let me make my self clear.

I have nothing against mails advertising job vacancies appearing in LIG
provided they follow the rules.

I have nothing against you trying to get the job, though at least your
reply should have had the COMMERCIAL tag, since you were looking out for
some monetary benefit from your mail. However I leave this to the List
Admins wisdom to decide.

I do however disagree with your questioning of our List Admins judgement
which I may add has been impeccable.

I also fail to understand how a simple warning should be taken as an
insult.

I am sorry that you got flamed by my mail, though I was merely stating
the facts as I see them.

+mario

p.s. shifting this to LIG from LIP, with the [OT] tag