Re: got a mail with * Ur password has been stolen * as subject

Biju Chacko wrote: [ on 10:08 AM 3/19/01 +0530 ]

> I sometimes use an 8-12 character string picked from any one of my last few
> PGP-encrypted messages - guaranteed to be more random than mkpasswd...:)

I don't whether to describe this as incredibly smart or incredibly paranoid...

Then you wouldn't even want to hear about the protocol we developed for exchanging passwords over the telephone...;-) It's not general-purpose, unfortunately, as it depends on a 'seed' exchanged out-of-band. Clue: it has something to do with pi or similar transcendental numbers with incompressible random expansions.

Udhay

     God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.