From: vinod iyer <vinod_k_iyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, March 18, 2001 7:55 AM
Subject: [LIG] Modules don't compile on make modules.

Hi,

May be this a stupid question. But when I do

make xconfig, make dep, make clean, make bzImage and finally make modules
and make modules_install, I find the compiled kernel in the boot directory
but I do not find *any* modules in the /lib/modues/2.2.x/ directory. So, the
system fails to load these missing modules whenever I load that kernel. What
could I be doing wrong? I have read the kernel howto and couldn;t figure out
what's wrong. I have no probs with these modules (sound, eth etc) with my
present default kernel (2.2.16)

BTW, I am using RHL7.0, for compiling I use kgcc and the kernel version I am
trying to compile is 2.2.14 (yes an older version)

TIA,
Vinod.

http://bol.rediff.com