Re: FYI: Linus in Readers Digest

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Dwivedi Ajay kumar wrote:

> 	There is an article on linus in this months Readers digest, and it
> gives a link to linux-india.org as a major website for linux in india :)

For those of you who are interested:

The scan of the cover (done with Gimp+sane under Linux, off a HP 4200c USB
scanner ;-) is now available at

http://www.linux-india.org/rd.shtml

I'd love to put up the article as well, but copyrights being what they
are, I'd get into trouble. If anyone can find a legitimate online copy,
let us know.

However, a quote from the article:

"Since Linux can be downloaded for free, it is hard to know how many
Indians are using it -- estimates of the number of Linux operated
computers in India range from 70,000 to 400,000. Moreover, the system's
popularity is steadily growing and Linux enthusiasts are even trying to
enable it to handle Indian-language programs. A major website for Indian
Linux users is www.linux-india.org."

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137