Clarifications on LUG COCHIN

The Indian Linux Community,

This is meant to clarify some of the misunderstandings
created by the emails of the recent past. This is not
meant to stir up more controversy though it might end up
doing exactly that.

First of all when ILUG-COCHIN was formed intially there
was no website and mailing list, as we saw the number of
members increasing, it was decided to use two websites, which
was sponsored by two companies. Linux-India was originally
pointing to http://www.ilug-cochin.org sponsored by one of
the companies.

It seemed rather odd that one fine day that this link disappears
and you have the link pointing to nowhere. The mailing list
which was operating at the time at egroups was voted out by
our members and the new mailing list created was part of our
website itself.

Even after getting in touch with Linux-India we were unable
to get this straightened out, eventually the whole link was
removed from Linux India. Now my intention is not to blame
anyone, but there seems to be a lack of understanding somewhere
which is leading to ILUG-COCHIN being looked at prejudicially
and which is actually affecting the growth of the Linux Community
in Cochin. This cannot be allowed to continue as it will create
the wrong vibes among prospective Linux Users in Cochin.

I have good contact with almost all members of our LUG.
My understanding of the situation is that ILUG-COCHIN is
still part of Linux-India and there is no split or any
difference of opinion large enough to warrant a split in Cochin.

Our members have come to Linux-India with the concerned issues,
they seem legitimate enough, though it has become a little unwieldy,
possibly some people have read in a lot of lines.

The bottom line is there are some things which cannot be reasonably
explained as far as Linux-India is concerned for which nobody seems
to be concerned. The ideology of the LUG's is to give the users the
best that can be afforded. Cant we being part of this mammoth
organisation called Linux-India do this for LUGGERS of COCHIN?

Jay Jacob
Co-ordinator ILUG-COCHIN