Re: Regarding Latex---Help required

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, maricha wrote:

: I am new to Latex.. I heard a lot about the capabilities of
: Tex/Latex. I have the following doubt. Can i embed AUTOCAD
: drawings into a Tex document..??

Why not, export your CAD document to *.eps format. Include your
graphics with the command:

  \includegraphics[<options>]{foo.eps}

where options can be a comma separated list:

 width=dimension
 height=dimension
 scale=number (where 1=100%)

If you omit options, the graphic will have natural size. Width and
height can be provided as variables like .5\linewidth (so that the
width will be half of your linewidth), \textheight respectively.

: I have some diagrams along with some text. The diagrams are both
: photos as well as schematics.. I want to use Tex/Latex.. Can i
: accomplish it.??

LaTeX only accepts eps file format. So you need to convert all your
graphic files into eps format. But pdfLaTeX (a TeX variant that pipes
pdf output directly) supports file formats viz., *.tif, *.png, *.jpg,
*.pdf and *.mps (metapost).

: ALso can anybody suggest any good documentation regarding the same
: in the web..??

Please visit:

  http://www.river-valley.com/tug/tutorial

where you can find all the 17 chapters of the so far covered free
online tutorial on LaTeX of the Indian TeX Users Group (there is a
good chapter on graphic inclusion).

Join the TUGIndia mailing list by sending a plain text mail to:

 majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message in the body of your mail

 subscribe tuglist <your email id>

--