sockets - dhcp

Sir/Madam,
 Am currently doing a project in dhcp in (LINUX 6.2
systems connected by ehternet LAN)
I have the following doubts to be clarified:
1. Can a socket have one end-point with unconfigured
ipaddress and still send & receive data at that end?

 2. Where are the client ipaddr & Hardware address
stored in a host? And , if these are read-only how do
we configure the system's ipaddr & h/w addr?

 3. I need to insert my client program in the boot
sequence.Where do I place it to override the default
DHCP CLIENT?

with sincere regards,
karthik