Re: Good & Evil of Localization

>--- Ruchir Tewari <ruchir_tewari@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >      The fun part i noticed is that there is an
>> >argument that, there is more usage of computers in
>> >china because of chinese localization. I guess this
>> is
>> >part of the reason. But the primary reason is that,
>> >they could afford the machines, they have extremely
>> >good infrastructure to support the usage of
>> computer,
>> >which sadly india lags.
>> ^^^^^^
>> the cost of a linux box is as low as $250 or less
>> than
>> Rs12,000, which is easily within reach of the indian
>> public,
>> if they buy in large enough numbers.
>
>is there any company activly promoting a PC bundled
>with Linux for this price??.. could you give me
>website...

A company based in Calcutta errr..Kolkata is advertising for a Pc for Rs
12k. I have been pressing them hard to bundle Linux alongwith it. They are
looking somebody to take care of the installation/support part
proffessionally. Anyone around this part of the country intrested? Can
introduce to him to start with.

Rajesh
Coral Soff'wares Limited.
Calcutta/Mumbai