Re: Fwd: Re: Hindi and Software

Hi all,
    We have been talking a lot of support for indian
languages for linux. I guess we had talked enough. Its
time to act. As a starter, let try to collect as much
info as possible about the following.

    1. The process of localization.
    2. examples from how other people have done it.
    3. work-in-progress from other group of people
working on the same subject.

    There are lot more things. But a co-ordinated
effort is needed. we could sit & talk about merits and
de-merits later, but we need to start some where. Even
a good document will be starter.

    Also i was trying to look for localization HOWTO
on LDP, but i didn't find one. There documents like
<language>.HOWTO but no generic document detailing the
differenct levels of localization and how to go about
it. may be i am missing something.

    The first link from ruchir below is good one.
identifies different levels of localization.

    well, are we all in the same page here??

Pavan