Re: Re: [linux-delhi] Which Linux to use?

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:51:35AM +0530, Mukund wrote:

> A 2-3 line explanation in plain text would be great, as many lister
> including me do not understand the high funda of these licenses.

Proprietary/Copy-right: The code is ours - pay money to get binaries.
Copy-left: The code is ours, free for everyone to use. If you make changes,
           the changes should also be free for everyone to use.
Copy-center: The code is ours, free for everyone to use. Do what you want
             with it, including making proprietary changes.

The last two qualify as open source licenses.

Copyright: MS EULA
Copyleft: GPL
Copycenter: BSD/Apache/X/MIT/Python

	-Arun