Re: Signatories to the Declaration of Software Freedom

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Arun Sharma wrote:

[...]

: I'd compare RMS style free software to a big tank of free beer
: (probably a good one), that RMS creates out of his copious amount
: of free time, using the various funds that he has access to (from
: people who believe that beer should really be free) and then RMS
: would claim that all beer should be free, and that drinking beer
: is a "human right", which trumps "intellectual property rights".
: Anyone in their sane mind would see the BS in that argument, but
: perhaps some have had too much RMS beer :)

I'm really really amused at your erudite fantasies. Perhaps this might
help minimize your agonies with GPL.

: Consider that GNU software is not used by 95% of the computer
: using population.

So also world's best books are not read by that percentage of reading
population, only trash pulp fiction gets populated. But that in no way
minimizes in relevance of human creativity or imagination.

: Time to write bcc and bemacs that MS can ship on their CD ?

Yet another fantasy...

--
Radhakrishnan
GPG Fingerprint: 208E F5EB A4B4 2024 AEE9  575D 13DE E3B9 0292 70EF