Re: [OT] Software Freedom

Arun Sharma is a know critic of the GPL:

> > It's only inflammatory if every mention of the GPL is like a red flag
> > to a bull to you :)
>
> GPL is a completely unrealistic license, which actually harms the
> developers and the end users of free software in the long run

GPL is a completely unrealistic license, which actually harms the developers
who do not want to show their *crummy* code which they think is very good.
Now these developers want to hoist this code (they say that this code is very
good) on users' who are gullible for a cost/for no cost.  These developers
crib that the GPL infringes on their right to make money because of the viral
nature of the GPL. These developers are afraid of the GPL because basically
they are not willing to share.  These developers are afraid of someone else
innovating on their code-base thereby exposing *chinks* in the armor.  These
developers want others to feed on what they dole out, maybe for a cost. :-)

The GPL never says that making money is a sin.  The GPL questions certain
unethical business practices.  It is for *ethical* business in the software
field which I see being addressed by Tony Stanco and the Free Developers'.

--
ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the  Air-Waves FREE.........Amateur Radio