Re: RedHat 7.0

> Plenty of kind souls available in LUGs - and "no man is an island" (one of my
> favorite quotes - from the poet John Donne).

Common sense os not so sommon as they say and I see too... Kind souls
still need connectivity to download those RPM's. ;-)

> yeah right.  now try downloading 'doze and ms office service packs - and
> compare it with downloading updated linux RPMs / source code patches :)

Kind souls or unkind.... anyone can find bunch of pirated CD's with those
updates if they are old ones.. And for low end, low activity, low
metabolic activity, low power, desktop users, or even for normal users,
updates are not as frequent as for the hign end, high powered high
activity users whole metabolic activities increases on every update that
comes out.
;-)

Connectivity issues are an addition to the excellent infrastructure we
have and abundence of ignorance about latest things.

You need good connectivity to handle the load of information you have to
be up to date with, which is not very common with the normal
users. Remember about that 60Kb attachment recently?

VaibhaV