Problems in launching tin...

When I try to launch the newsreader *tin* this is the message I get. What
does it mean please?

>Can't get a (fully-qualified) domain-name!
>Try and save newsrc file again? (y/n): y

Likewise, I've been unable to launch the other newsreader SLRN. This is the
error message:

slrn 0.9.6.2 (Feb  7 2000 16:09:52)

>Reading startup file /usr/lib/slrn/slrn.rc.
>Reading startup file /home/fred/.slrnrc.You need to set the NNTPSERVER
>environment variable to your server name.
>Example (csh): setenv NNTPSERVER my.news.server
>slrn fatal error:
>Unable to select server/post object.

Which are the servers LUGers would recommend? Where do in I feed their
details? Thanks in advance, Frederick.
   frederick noronha, freelance journalist, fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   near convent, saligao 403511 goa india 0091.832.409490/ 409783
   Bytes For All		http://www.bytesforall.org
   News from Goa      	http://www.goacom.com/news/
   Photos from Goa	http://www.goa-world.net/fotofolio/
   FotoFolio@Yahoo	http://in.photos.yahoo.com/fredericknoronha