Re: Small Linux ???????

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Kumar Srivastava <rohitk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, February 12, 2001 1:19 PM
Subject: [LIG] Small Linux ???????

>Hello Everybody and especially Atul Chitnis
>
>This is the first time Ive taken up a serious project of porting linux
>operating system to a small RISC processor intended for embedded systems.
>
>Now the system I have uses 16 MB of  Compact Flash for storage. I want a
>small photon (QNX) like GUI for the system. Could you suggest any flovour
of
>linux which meets my system requirements.

QNX would be ideal in any case provided it supports RISC processor and
source is available.
As regards Linux+GUI (latest versions) I doubt if that can be squeezed in 16
MB space.
You can use mulinux which has GUI support also, but it is available for 386
only.  In my opinion you will have to hand pick the source code for old
version of Linux and recompile for RISC processor.
I have installed linux (just out of curiosity) in this way on 486 to squeeze
it for a 1.2 Mb disk (no GUI).
Mail me if need help.
Regards,
Mukund Deshmukh