Re: [LINK/COMMERCIAL] Bang!Linux 2001 March 05-07

Frederick Noronha rearranged electrons thusly:

> Bang!inux 2001 March 05 - 07, 2001, IISc Bangalore.
> Organiser: Wrox India Pvt. Ltd.
> "SPECIAL WHOPPING 25% DISCOUNT" FOR MEMBERS OF THE GTE DATABASE
                                                     ^^^

This is starting to ring a warning bell to me (if that GTE == GT Enterprises)

> (For Registering at Banglinux through e-mail, please use the
> Registration form attached to this mail)

Someone might just ask if these addresses will eventually find their way into
GT Enterprises' database?  Careful, folks!

A 25% discount on about 10K = Rs.2500 or so.  Is it worth getting spammed
on a daily basis by GT?  On the other hand, people who are already being
spammed by them (but have blocked them) might want to take advantage of this
unselfish (?) offer :(

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree