YMF74 PCI SOUNDCARD problem

Hi people,

I've a YMF74 PCI soundcard. Not supported in RH 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2. But RedHat people perhaps realized the agony I was going through and incorporated the "ymfsb" module support.

But their effort has done little good to me as Now when I fire xmms and clik on one of the numbers by 'Bryan', it not only crashes but the whole system comes to a frustrating hang. Nothing works. Especially mouse is the one which refuses to budge from its place.

As a last resort , I come back to console and init6 the system.

If nebody faced some similar problem and found a solution to it then plz share.

Thnx in advance,

Paraj