Re: Re: Installing RedHat 7.0 + Windows NT+ Windows 2000 on a single machine.

Subject: [LIG] Re: Installing RedHat 7.0 + Windows NT+ Windows 2000 on a
single machine.

> I just wanted to know how did you configure LILO to start NTLOADER. I
> had tried to do so by writing LILO to MBR and then giving NT as the
> other OS while installing Linux but wasn't able to boot NT from the
> arrangement.
I will explain clearly what i have done.. I have not done anything
special..at all...
My HDD is 20.4GB.. I first made a Primary Partition of some 2.x GB and
installed WIN98se on it..
Remember this is the only primary partition on my disk and everything else
happily resides on logical partitions..
Keep a Boot disk (98/me ready always)..
Then i popped my NT disk into the CDROM and created a logical partition NTFS
of 2.x GB after some screens.
I installed NT 4.0.. When i rebooted i got nt loader popup asking me for the
choice between NT and 98..which u might have already achieved..(because i
want to overcome the 1024 cylinder problem with nt4)
Now boot in FULL DOS( either with a WIN98/95 Boot disks or shut down into
DOS mode--For WIN Me u have to use Boot disk)
Then fire up  Part.Exe from Michail Ranish ( This program takes some time to
get used to as i find the documentation somewhat confusing-- but eventually
i understood)..
U can physically see the partition limits on the screen and u can move the
boundaries with UP and DOWN arrow keys..
BEFORE I PROCEED, I URGE YOU TO BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHILE MANIPULATING
PARTITIONS WITH ANY PARTITIONING SOFTWARE-- It is like a Pnuematic Tool.. it
can cut and destroy all your previous work if not done properly.. ( if u
already know about partitioning then ignore this advise---because when i was
a newbie in partitioning i trashed my P-Table many times-- hence i give this
advise to everyone )..
(Now save your partition table onto another floppy disk which contains the
PART.EXE software also-just to be safe side)
Create a LINUX swap partition( 2times your memsize+ 20%more ), an ex2fs
Linux partition (for /Boot to be on safe side-- because the boot stuff has
to reside before the 1024 cylinders ) of about 50 MB size and another ext2fs
Linux partition (for /) of whatever size u want..(all in the extended
partition only)..
Now Boot using the REDHAT/Mandrake/SUSe or whatever CDROm u have, and on the
screen asking for partitioning mount the first ext2fs linux logical
partition as /boot and the second one as "/"..