Re: Can anyone suggest me a project....???

> I am new to Unix programming.. I have just started..

Never mind, every one is new before becoming a guru.

> Ofcourse all of my experience is in WINDOWS and DOS in C/C++/VC++..

Like many of us.

> I also want to contribute something to Linux in the form of software
> programming.. WHere should i start.. ?? and how to start..???

Learning the Unix OS internals first should help you pretty lot in the long run. For starting off, Linux-Programming-Bible is not bad.

> My basic qualification is Electrical engg..
> and my toys are computers ...

That's not a factor if you can code well.

-Shantanu.