Re: broken link at www.linux-india.org , need fix please!!

Hi

I just looked into this.

Firstly, an apology for the slow response. Unfortunately,
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx receives a *huge* amount of spam and almost no
legitimate mail. Your earlier mails got lost in that mess.

Now to the specific request. There is no technical problem with changing the DNS
record. However, there is a bit of confusion about this. I got this second hand
so forgive the vagueness. :-)

Several months ago, there was a request to change the pointer to the vlug site.
When we tried to contact the guy who originally registered the vlug site to
check if this was OK, we were unable to do so. So a bit of clarification is
required from the original registrant, if possible. Once that is done we'll fix
it. Please mail me offlist so we can finish this off.

A related issue is that some LUGs have asked for us to arrange for mail
addressed to someguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to be delivered. This is difficult
for us to manage unless you have your own mailserver that we can point the MX
record to.

Hope this helps,

Biju