Re: [LIH] [OT] Thanks for donating 300/- to R.K.M. Chennai.

Sankaranarayanan K V rearranged electrons thusly:

> I am unable to get the context of this thread as I missed the first few
> messages.

> Who donated what for what purpose? How is this related to LIH?
> And what has all this got to do with free or paid Linux installations?

It's closer to LIG, I suppose.  There are lots of newbies who would like help
with their first linux install.  [moving it to LIG now that you mention it]

There are several linuxers here who generally help out (and get treated to beer
/ snacks in return, or they may get paid if they are consultants of some sort).

Proposal: Instead of getting paid / guzzling beer at the newbie's expense, just
arrange for the newbie to donate some amount of money to a charity (say a quake
relief fund)

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org