Re: Regarding the Indian FTP Mirrors for linux

OK.. GnuTella it is.. but wanted to know how effective
it is, i mean the idea. I mean, can we start using
this. Or do u guys want to write a new app , borrowing
code from open source gnutella. Cause we need larger
files. We should also have the ability to use s/w like
download accelerators. Cause the idea here is to
minimize the time take to download Linux stuff.

  So we need a server & client. The downloadable linux
s/w resides on some or all of the clients. Server only
does name resolution & provides searchable file
locations.

  I guess we need some of these capabilities.

  1.  Fast FTP Access ( Given b-width constraints )
  2.  resume support.
  3.  segmented downloads ( Meaning that if a file is
5 MB, get 1MB from one m/c, 2MB from another, 2MB from
yet another & Concatinate to form the 5 MB File)

Those are the features i could think off.

So what do u guys say..

Pavan